In order to respect the health and well-being of staff, students, and community, Bridges for Women has adapted our services. We are working with existing clients to support them on a case by case basis. Our life-changing Bridges Employment Program is now available online and we are completing intakes on an ongoing basis. More information about how to apply is available here.
In this stage of COVID-19 precautions:
- We have begun to slowly welcome staff and visitors back to in-person services on a very limited basis. We encourage all visitors to read our Victoria Office Safety Plan or our Westshore Office Safety Plan before visiting either of our offices.
- Both the Victoria and Westshore offices are closed to walk-in visitors until further notice.
- Counselling is now available in-person in Victoria on a limited basis. Please speak to your counsellor about this option.
- Counselling will be available online or by phone.
- Our programs will be delivered online until it is advisable to return to in-person classes in Victoria and Westshore.
- Our voicemail will be monitored daily.
- Intakes will continue for both Victoria and Westshore programs. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 3 business days.
- If you are in crisis and need to connect with someone immediately, please contact the Vancouver Island Crisis Line at 1-888-494-3888. Phone service is available 24/7, and chat and text services are available from 6 -10 pm 7 days/week.